Friday 16 October 2009

The Snare of the Heart?

Over breakfast this morning, I was musing to a friend that despite all my desperation to get past this (crucial) stage of life at LST so as to 'get out and live it out' (whatever that will mean), I now, at the beginning of my third year, find myself reluctant to even consider leaving. This is purely and simply because this place is home to some of the greatest people that I have ever been blessed enough to be around, not at all least a fresher or two.

I find myself so filled with love for these people that already the thought of not being around them hurts deeply.

At this point, my friend said a startlingly insightful and (for me) incredibly difficult statement:

"You have to hold on loosely. Love them with all your heart, but hold on to them loosely."

I am wired to love people. I hold on to them tightly.

I think I'd rather get hurt by separation than risk my friends not knowing how much I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment