Tuesday 22 December 2009

Where I am.

Depth of mercy; can there be mercy still reserved for me?
Can my God his wrath forbear, me, the chief of sinners spare?

I have long withstood his grace, long provoked him to his face,
Would not harken to his calls, grieved him by a thousand falls.

I my Master have denied, I afresh have crucified,
Oft profaned his hallowed name, put him to an open shame.

There for me the Saviour stands, shows his wounds and spreads his hands.
God is love. I know, I feel, Jesus weeps and loves me still.

Now incline me to repent, let me now my sins lament,
Now my foul revolt deplore, weep, believe, and sin no more.

----- ----- ----- -----

Christ, I claim you as my King, Lord accept my everything,
Emmanuel, at last I cry, you alone can satisfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment